Human upright posture is an unstable position: Continuous activation of postural muscles is required to avoid falling down.
The posturopody is a method of multidisciplinary study of posture, automatic and unconscious motor act that allows the man adopt an upright position ;stabilize this position static or dynamic; develop the spatial knowledge of self in relation to its environment. It is the result of the involvement of a complex sensorimotor system.
The tonic postural system consists of the following different elements:
– Exocapteurs (outside sensory receptors): retina, hearing aids, tact.
– Proprioceptors (inside sensory receptors) that allow us to know the relative positions of different segments of the body in relation to each other.
– Senior centers that integrate the information from these sensors and develop an appropriate response to each situation.
– Effectors, the muscles = the muscle tone.
Clinical syndromes caused by various problems of tonic postural system fall into three categories:
– Pain syndromes, mainly the vertebral axis and headaches.
– Coordination mobility.
The practical approach is post-urology, through a rigorous clinical analysis of the patient to:
carry a positive postural syndrome, diagnosis still functional; determined by the various clinical types of sensors or tests involved with the highest equipment (last platform of posturopody); to a multidisciplinary therapeutic proposal to restore the effectiveness of sensors and thus the postural system.
This functional treatment may itself, depending on the configuration of the syndrome include: the footpad and the proprioception with a musculoskeletal action by the podiatrist posturopodist with proprioceptive insoles.